The Air Dispatch Association of Australia came into being as a result of the Vietnam Veterans Welcome Home Parade in Sydney on the 3rd October 1987.
Many old friendships were renewed and a resolve was made to start the Association and have a Banner as a symbol for Air Dispatchers to rally behind on ANZAC Day Parades.
Through the time and efforts of Logan "Macca" Mackintosh our first Banner, The 176 AD Coy Banner, was created and first paraded in MELBOURNE VICTORIA in 1996.
In order to cater for other members of the Air Dispatch Family, such as ARes, Clerical, Medical, RAEME, RAAOC and a host of personnel that Served in/supported the Air Dispatch Trade but never actually served in 176 AD Coy/Sqn, a second Banner was designed and manufactured.
The Air Dispatch Association of Australia Banner was first paraded in AUCKLAND NZ 1998.
To date the AADA Banner has since been paraded in:
- MELBOURNE VIC 1996
- ADELAIDE SA 1997
- AUCKLAND NEW ZEALAND 1998
- PERTH WA 1999
- SYDNEY NSW 2000 for the 1st International Aerial Delivery Reunion
- GOLD COAST QLD 2001
- BRISBANE QLD 2002 for the 2nd International Aerial Delivery Reunion
- SYDNEY NSW 2003
- NEWBURY UK - May 2003 for the 3rd International Air Despatch Reunion
- AUCKLAND NZ - April 2004 for the 4th International Air Despatch Reunion
- HUNTER VALLEY NSW - April 2005
- NO PARADE - 2006 - Due to International Reunion USA.
Annual Activities of the Air Dispatch Association of Australia
April (Odd Years) - ANZAC Day Activity (25th), no fuss reunion at the nominated City/State on ANZAC Day.
April (Even Years) - National / International Reunion organised by Committee, usually over 5 to 6 Days.
July/August - MYOLA Day Function hosted by 176 AD Sqn RAAF Base RICHMOND NSW
December - Christmas Function/Drinks hosted by 176 AD Sqn RAAF Base RICHMOND NSW